Spa Sommeliers Will Guide Guests on Their Wellness Journey
Sardón de Duero, Spain – 19th May 2015: Abadía Retuerta LeDomaine, the historic, award-winning hotel located in a restored 12th-century abbey and winery in Spain’s Duero winegrowing region, has unveiled a signature treatment menu for the opening of the property’s new El Santuario Spa on 1st July 2015.
“El Santuario’s menu connects guests to the two defining aspects of Abadía Retuerta LeDomaine,” said Managing Director Andres Araya. “We are a classic property with a 900-year-old history, and so offer a full range of classical spa treatments and services. And we have a deep-rooted wine culture, embodied in our bespoke vinotherapy spa concept of personalised spa journeys based on local wine traditions and orchestrated by a Spa Sommelier.”
The new menu is the crowning component of what will be a nurturing and innovative sanctuary of holistic healing and wellness with ultra-luxurious facilities and a level of guest service and individualisation unprecedented in Spain, including not only a Spa Sommelier to customise the experience but also Spa Butlers who welcome guests and assist at every step of their spa journey.
The Spa Sommelier is a transformational concept, and the touchstone to the success of El Santuario: a consummate professional with a critical role in the spa experience – to interpret and apply synergistic principles and practices, analyse and determine the needs of guests, and recommend effective treatments that enhance wellness and wellbeing.
The Spa Sommelier will conduct a ‘blind tasting’ – of oils to smell and wines to taste – and depending on palette and aroma preferences, will design appropriate spa experiences to target the guests’ physical and spiritual needs at that specific moment in their wellness journey. For guests who do not drink alcohol, the wines will be replaced with a selection of teas and juices depending on the season.
Among the highlights of the new menu are:
- Abadía Retuerta Signature Spa Journey: A revisited ancient massage technique tapping the goodness of powerful grape seeds, natural grape essences and aromatic essential oils to induce a profound state of physical and mental relaxation.
- Facial Journeys: From a Cryo Time Freeze Facial using the age-defying effects of cryotherapy, to 02 Relax that infuses every pore with a blast of pure oxygen.
- Body Journeys: From Le Vintage revitaliser and exfoliation that taps the anti-oxidant power of energizing grape seed body polish, to Citrus Drench that soaks the skin with a restorative and firming concentrate of pure vitamin C.
- Massages: From Volcanic Thermal Stones using warm black basalt stones and a blend of essential essences to stimulate the senses and unwind body and mind, to Lomi-Juma Massage with its fusion of massage techniques to release energy flow and induce sensations of peace, harmony and well-being.
- Men’s Spa: From Vitalizing Gentlemen’s Tonic that recharges tired muscles and relieves tension with a potent blend of enriching oils, to Anti-Fatigue Back Remedy using heat, minerals and oils to alleviate back, neck and shoulder tension and reduce fatigue.
- Spa Sommelier’s Specials: Such as Le Grand Cru, the ultimate oenotherapy experience, combining a soothing footbath with grape seeds and essential oils, vitamin drink, body exfoliation, nurturing anti-aging body wrap and soothing pumices massage.
The new 930m2 (10,000-sq.-ft.) spa will comprise four individual treatment rooms; a Spa Suite; and the gamut in facilities including sauna, steam baths, experience showers, hydrotherapy pools, relaxation room, separate ladies and men’s changing areas, outdoor showers, indoor heated pool, and outdoor pool with a snack menu. Among the additional amenities will be Spa Cuisine and wellness offerings such as yoga, meditation and Qi Gong.