Have you own little taste of the Middle East this summer with the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts‘ recipe for Pistachio and Date Baklava.
Firstly make the lemon sugar syrup. Take 300g sugar, 300g honey, 300g water and 40ml lemon juice. Then boil together and allow to cool.
For the date and nut filling….
- 50g pistachio nuts
- 50g walnuts
- 50g almonds
- a few pinches -cinnamon powder
- 200g Tunisian dates
- 15 sheets filo pastry
- Finely chop or ground all ingredients and mix together.
- Melted butter to brush filo sheets
- Line baking tray or dish with three layers of filo pastey brushing with melted butter between sheets
- Sprinkle with date nut filling then add another three layers of filo and butter
- Make up with four layers of nut filling as below.
- Cut to desired size in the tray and soak with the lemon syrup
- Bake @160°C for 20 minutes then place in a hot oven 220°C until golden,
- Add a little more syrup whilst it is still hot.
- Set aside to cool and serve at room temperature
Why not join Fairmont Hotels & Resorts at Glorious Goodwood 30th July – 3rd August and try these tasty little treats which form part of the Fairmont Afternoon Tea served at “Fairmont in the Secret Garden”! Fairmont Hotels & Resorts has teamed up with Goodwood Racecourse as a key sponsor for the 2013 racing season.
Contributor: Alexandra Pinhorn
The Savoy London is managed by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts which is a client of Magellan PR. For more information, please visit www.fairmont.com, follow them on twitter @FairmontHotels or on Facebook/Fairmont Hotels. Their community website is www.everyonesanoriginal.com. On Instagram and Pinterest – look for FairmontHotels.
Magellan PR is on twitter: @MagellanPR / on Facebook: MagellanPR / on Pinterest: Sue Lowry / on Google+: Sue Lowry & MagellanPR and on Flickr: Sue Lowry. For more information on our company, visit www.magellan-pr.com. Follow our other blog focussing on travel in the South of England – A3 Traveller.