It has been an extraordinary first five years for Abadía Retuerta LeDomaine, achieving an impressive array of milestones and international recognitions and the historic hotel located in a restored 12th-century abbey surrounded by vineyards in Spain’s Duero winegrowing region is celebrating the anniversary with an exclusive guest package.
The LeDomaine 5-Year Anniversary Package combines accommodation for two nights with luxurious amenities and pampering services: A welcome bottle of Legras Champagne from France; welcoming foot ritual performed by the Spa Sommeliers; a 50-minute couples massage; a la carte breakfast at Refectorio restaurant; free minibar and internet access; full butler service; history tour of the historic abbey; entrance to the Ulrich Rückrheims Museum, an open-air sculpture garden on property; unlimited use of bicycles, swimming pool, spa and fitness centre facilities; and an upgrade and late check-out, based on availability. The package is available weekdays until December 2017. A two-night minimum stay is required. Rates start at £400 per night. For further information and reservations: www.ledomaine.es; email@example.com; Tel. +34 98 368 0368.
“We began with a 900-year-old abbey, an historic landmark that had fallen into disrepair and turned it into one of Europe’s most dramatic, award-winning properties combining an historic atmosphere, culinary excellence, a leading winery, savvy guest services, world-class facilities and exclusive experiences,” said Managing Director Andrés Araya.
Since opening in 2012, LeDomaine has enjoyed a succession of enhancements, successes and kudos including:
- A sensitively and imaginatively implemented restoration of the historic abbey earned the hotel a Europa Nostra Award from the European Union for conserving cultural heritage.
- Le Domaine was Spain’s first hotel to offer a complete butler service.
- Refectorio restaurant earned a Michelin Star in 2014 after only two years of operation.
- In 2015, Santuario LeDomaine Wellness & Spa opened, setting new spa standards in Spain with its personalised service, bespoke vinotherapy concept and innovative ‘Spa Sommeliers.’
- The addition of eight luxurious new guest rooms in 2015, all with direct spa access, brought the hotel’s total to 30 rooms and suites.
- Among the many awards have been being named 2017 “Hideaway of the Year” by Andrew Harper, ‘Best New Spa & Wellness Property’ for 2016 by Spafinder and #1 Hotel in Spain for 2016 by TripAdvisor, as well as the estate’s winery receiving various awards for its exceptional single-terroir wines.
About Abadía Retuerta LeDomaine: Imbued with the charm and lore of a by-gone age, Abadía Retuerta LeDomaine takes guests back in time while immersing them in the comforts and luxuries of today’s most savvy hospitality. The medieval abbey and estate of LeDomaine, dating from 1146, is a grand travel experience that overwhelms the senses with its enduring history, stately architecture, majestic ambiance, world-class culinary experiences, acclaimed vineyards recognised for their award-winning single terroir wines, and spacious accommodation.
Abadía Retuerta LeDomaine opened in 2012 after a complete restoration that earned it a Europa Nostra Award from the European Union for conserving cultural heritage. Refectorio, the abbey’s original dining hall with a vaulted Gothic ceiling and a 17th-century fresco, today is a One-Michelin-Star sanctuary of haute cuisine. Vinoteca serves dishes, tapas and small plates prepared with the high-quality ingredients of the region, enjoyed with the Estates’s Abadía Retuerta wines. Seasonal dishes from salads to grilled meats are enjoyed al fresco in the spring and summer months in the Cloisters courtyard. The winery produces award-winning vintages of exceptional pedigree and is among the most advanced in Europe in combining ancient wine-making traditions with cutting-edge technology and sustainability. Among the amenities and activities: 24-hour butler service, mountain biking and horseback riding on the estate, tours of the winery, helicopter rides to view the ancient landscape from the air and falconry displays. In 2015, the hotel completed the conversion of the original stables into eight new guest rooms and opened Santuario LeDomaine Wellness & Spa, which set new standards for spas in Spain. In 2016, LeDomaine was named the #1 hotel in Spain by both TripAdvisor and the Spanish magazine Club de Gourmets.
Abadía Retuerta LeDomaine is a two-hour drive or train ride from Madrid, and a 30-minute drive from Valladolid. For further information and reservations: www.ledomaine.es; firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel. +34 98 368 0368.