The words “swimming pool” do not seem to fully describe the divine infinity pool at the luxury resort, Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, in Los Cabos, Mexico. It should come with a warning because once you have experienced this pool, it will spoil you forever. Here’s five fast facts for you:
- The infinity pool at Las Ventanas al Paraiso was the original – much imitated – Los Cabos infinity-edge pool with a revolutionary concept and design that elevated the humble hotel pool to an art form.
- To complement the cutting edge design, first-of-a-kind poolside services and amenities were introduced, overseen by signature Pool Butlers. Anything from sunblock, to mists of frozen Evian spray to cold towers are offered. Frozen sorbet cups and popsicles refresh the palette and even your sunglasses are cleaned for you.
- Forgot your iPod – don’t panic. Preloaded iPods, the latest magazines and even – courtesy of the Hot Type programme run by Rosewood, the latest novels are available before publication.
- The pool is actually part of an “acquascape” – the goal of the resort’s designers to create a natural ambiance and balance between sea and desert. A series of serpentine waterways meander down a gentle natural slope of the terrain, beginning in the open-air lobby, spilling through several ponds before culminating in a series of swimming pools (including the infinity pool) by the Sea of Cortez.
- The attention to detail of the designers extended to using a product by Scottsdale-based Pebble Tech for the pool’s bottom – small, naturally polished pebbles create a slightly bumpy bottom texture that feels natural, is non-slip and visually, looks great with a “Tahoe Blue” finish.
Want to know more? Visit http://www.lasventanas.com/en/index.cfm or call 00 800 87 67 39 66 in the UK. Follow Las Ventanas on Facebook or Twitter @LasVentanasCabo.
Contributor: Sue Lowry. Follow us on Twitter – @MagellanPR or become a fan on Facebook.
Las Ventanas al Paraiso is a client of Magellan PR.