Inspired by Rome’s famed landmark, The Coliseum Pool at the luxury resort Pelican Hill in Newport Beach, California (www.pelicanhill.com) has to be classed as one of the most strikingly unique pools ever seen, anywhere. Here are five key fast facts:
- The Coliseum Pool is perfectly circular and 136 feet in diameter, making it the largest circular pool in the world. Pool guests enjoy an expansive and breathtaking panorama view over a landscaped golf course to the Pacific Ocean beyond.
- It holds 380,000 gallons of water and features a classic architecture of vaulted arches, corniced columns and an amphitheatre of terraced decks.
- There are 1.1 million handmade glass mosaic tiles, lending the pool its stunning blue radiance.
- The pool enjoys chemical-free soft water that feels good on the skin because it is a saltwater.
- Guests at the pool are pampered by a team of pool butlers to pamper to every whim!
Pelican Hill is just one of a number of beautiful resorts in Newport Beach, Orange County, California. For more information on the destination, please visit www.visitnewportbeach.com/uk. Twitter: @NewportBeach and Facebook – Newport Beach.
Visit Newport Beach is a client of Magellan PR.
Contributor: Sue Lowry