When we were staying at the beautiful Viceroy Riviera Maya, Riviera Maya, Mexico, recently, soaking in the tranquillity of the ancient and primitive Mayan tropical forest, we came under the resort’s spell and before we knew it, we were jumping behind the bar, mixing up a few devilishly delicious cocktails of our own!
The memories of that night and the names of our creations are a little blurry, but rest assured, our intrepid reporter Melanie recalls they were delicious! Here’s the lovely Nick Bateman‘s own take on a classic – Magnificently Mesmorizing Margherita! Nick – you have another career awaiting you as a cool barkeep! Chin chin.
All you need is:
60 ml Silver Tequila
15 ml Sour Orange Juice
30 ml Cranberry Juice
30 ml Pomegranate Liqueur
5 ml Simple Sugar Syrup
PS – the beautiful handmade glasses are available for sale at the Viceroy Riviera Maya’s boutique and rest assured, there are highly qualified bartenders there to make your own drinks for you if you prefer to watch the experts at work!
Follow Nick on twitter @NickBateman1 or visit his website www.nickbateman.com
Magellan PR is on twitter: @MagellanPR, on Facebook/MagellanPR, Google+, Flickr and Pinterest. For more information on our company, visit www.magellan-pr.com. Follow our other blog focussing on travel in the South of England – A3 Traveller.
Contributer: Alexandra Pinhorn
- Shaken not stirred: Magellan’s Cocktail List – The Savoy’s Diamond Jubilee Cocktail (magellanstraits.com)
- Shaken not stirred: Magellan’s Cocktail List – Cognac Summit (magellanstraits.com)
- Shaken not stirred… Magellan’s Cocktail List (magellanstraits.com)
- Shaken not stirred: Magellan’s Cocktail List – Yoko Fresh (magellanstraits.com)
- Five of the Best… Romantic Hideaways! (magellanstraits.com)