When heading to Glorious Goodwood (30th July – 3rd August) this summer be sure try this sweet treat from The Plaza, New York. However, if you can’t make it, never fear for we have the recipe to make them at home!
For the sugar dough take; 250g butter, 250g sugar, 100g eggs and 500g cake flour.
- Mix soft butter and sugar very lightly
- Add eggs and mix until combined
- Add the flour and mix just until combined
- Let the dough chill in the fridge overnight
- Roll to 5mm thick and line your 10cm tart shell
- Bake at 180C until golden brown
For the lemon curd take; 250g lemon juice, 250g raspberries, 140g egg yolks, 160g whole eggs, 150g sugar, 150g butter and 3g of powder gelatine
- Boil lemon juice, raspberries and sugar
- Whisk in eggs and bring to boil
- Add gelatine and pass thought a strainer
- Leave to cool to 35ºC -40ºC and blend in the butter
- Pour into the pre-baked tart shell and leave to cool in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until cold and set
For the meringue take; 600g sugar, 300g water and 300g egg whites
- Bring sugar and water to a boil and cook to 121°C. Check the temperature with a sugar thermometer.
- Place egg whites in a stand mixer and begin mixing on a medium speed. Pour the hot sugar over the egg whites while it is whisking and continue to whisk until the meringue is room temperature and stiff peaks have formed.
- Spread the meringue over the top of the lemon tart approximately 3cm thick. Caramelise the top with a blow torch until golden brown.
- The finished tart can be served right away or stored covered in the fridge.
The Lemon Raspberry Meringue Tart forms part of the Fairmont Afternoon Tea to be served at “Fairmont in the Secret Garden’, Richmond Enclosure, Glorious Goodwood. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts has teamed up with Goodwood Racecourse as a key sponsor for the 2013 racing season.
Contributor: Alexandra Pinhorn
The Savoy London is managed by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts which is a client of Magellan PR. For more information, please visit www.fairmont.com, follow them on twitter @FairmontHotels or on Facebook/Fairmont Hotels. Their community website is www.everyonesanoriginal.com. For Instagram and Pinterest, look for Fairmont Hotels. Follow The Savoy London on twitter @TheSavoyLondon and on Facebook/The Savoy.
Magellan PR is on twitter: @MagellanPR / on Facebook: MagellanPR / on Pinterest: Sue Lowry / on Google+: Sue Lowry & MagellanPR and on Flickr: Sue Lowry. For more information on our company, visit www.magellan-pr.com. Follow our other blog focussing on travel in the South of England – A3 Traveller.